Greetings Swim Parents! We wanted to take a few minutes to introduce our MAJOR FUNDRAISING EVENT OF THE SEASON…. a SWIM-A-THON!!!!
What Is Swim-a-thon?
A Swim-a-thon is a fun and easy way to raise money for your swim team!
Participants earn money by swimming lengths of the swimming pool. Swimmers have a two-hour period in which to swim a maximum of 200 lengths. Swimmers get pledges from family, neighbors or businesses to support their efforts. Donors can either pledge a certain amount of money per length, or make a at donation in support of your team. We suggest a flat amount!
How does it work?
A packet of materials is available at the pool for you to pick up, and all the details are on our website over here: http://gunnisonstingrays.org/stingrays-swim-a-thon-fundraiser/
We’re trying to make this as easy for you and the kids and we want it to be fun and entertaining as well! The gist of it is as follows:
- Swimmers collect pledges between now and June 27 toward their personal fundraising goal of $100
- June 27 ALL commitments are due. Kids just have to make a copy of their pledge sheet and turn it in.
- June 30 during your regular Practice the kids will play games and swim their laps.
- Prizes will be awarded poolside the day of the event, however top performer prizes will likely be handed out later.
- EXTRA incentives are offered to those who collect $150+
- The Top 3 Performers will earn gift cards to Mochas!
Where’s the money go?
The Gunnison Stingrays are a 501(c)3 and all donations are tax deductible and ALL proceeds go toward coach salaries, administration and related Stingrays programming.
Without your fundraising efforts your Swimming fees will not be enough to cover our expenses.
So, thank you for participating! We know that it can be hard to add things to your busy schedules! BUT our kids are worth it!!
Who should participate?
It doesn’t matter if you make every meet, some meets, or never swim in a single event… If you’re in the pool swimming you should be fundraising. We’ve done a lot to keep it simple and make it easy and obtainable for you and the kids. AND hopefully we’ll have fun with the “competition” too. There are some cool prizes for top performers!!!
Call Rob Strickland 970-209-3466