- Co-Presidents: Bonnie Strickland (970)275-0241 and Elizabeth Petrie
- Co-Vice Presidents: Jessica Frey and Amy Riser (970)596-6283
- Treasurer: Michelle Dominguez (970)209-9021
- Meet Director: Amy Riser (970)596-6283
- Head Coach: Tami Maciejko (970)209-9771
- Board Members: Amy Riser, Bonnie Strickland, Christine Laudick, Michelle Dominguez, Elizabeth Petrie, Jessica Frey
The Stingrays provide training and competitive swimming opportunities to the members of our community and advance the sport of swimming in the Gunnison area. Our team promotes the values of commitment, determination, good sportsmanship, responsibility and teamwork. Team members are challenged to reach their personal goals in an environment that builds skills, confidence, friendships and physical fitness.
Organizational Structure and Personnel
USA Swimming is the national governing body for competitive swimming. The Gunnison Stingrays are part of the Western Slope League, which is part of Colorado Swimming, Inc. CSI is the USA Swimming governing body for Colorado. All meets and practices are conducted in accordance with USA Swimming rules with USA Swimming/CSI certified officials. Coaches are required to meet USA Swimming/Colorado Swimming, Inc. qualification standards to be certified. All members of the Gunnison Stingrays Swim Team must enroll in Colorado Swimming, Inc. The CSI registration is separate from the team registration. CSI maintains an online database of all Colorado meet results, and a comprehensive history of individual times for each swimmer. CSI also provides insurance, which is required for any swimmer to participate as a member of the Gunnison Stingrays Swim Team. The Gunnison Stingrays Swim Team is organized as a Colorado nonprofit corporation. A volunteer Parent Advisory Board governs the team.
Fees and Fee Policies
- Registration fees must be paid at the time of registration via the active website, accessible via www.gunnisonstingrays.org. Fees are nonrefundable.
- Meet entry fees must be paid by the meet sign up deadline via the active website.
- Any swimmers with outstanding fees from the past season will not be accepted until delinquent and current payments are made.
- Registration fees do not include fees for swim meets, nor costs for equipment such as team suits, goggles, caps, warm-up clothes or towels.